Friday, June 19, 2009

Free Alternative to GoToMeeting: Fuze Meeting

I love online meeting software. Some of my clients are a few hours away, so these are a real time and money saver.

The leading provider currently is GoToMeeting.com; however, it's about $30 a month to have, and their free trial needs a credit card to activate. It's truly a powerful tool.

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon an alternative, free online meeting tool called Fuze Meeting.

  • Share your desktop with your participants for demonstrations
  • Provides a toll free number for audio
  • Upload up to 1gig of content to share such as video, images, and documents
  • Invite people to your future meetings via email or schedule on the go
  • All you need is the latest version of flash

I don't currently see a way that you can transfer the host control to a participant, but if all you need is to show your desktop and give a little training session of some sort, I highly recommend checking this one out...


4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Glad you found us! Yup, you can pass presenter control to any attendee by selecting "Make Presenter" option from the online controls under the attendee panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to suggest you try http://www.showdocument.com - its an alternative tool for gotomeeting that allows document sharing and web meeting in real-time. all the participants in the session see each others' drawing, highlights, etc. It is free and requires no installation.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this article. =) I just went to their site and they want a credit card for the free trial. I read about their reasons, but I'll continue looking at other alternatives for now. I don't want my credit card number floating arount on half a dozen databases while I try out alternatives to gotomeeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MoneyIdeas - That's the exact reason I didn't use gotomeeting. To try it didn't even feel risk free.

    That's why I like Fuze Meeting.

    ReplyDelete