Friday, April 9, 2010

I thought Easter was over?

So it just occurred to me that it's April and I STILL have the winter wreath on the front door. But wait — it gets better.

I'm one of those people who insists on putting up the Christmas tree right after Thanksgiving. By the time the holiday rolls around, my floor is covered in needles and the tree is out the door before New Years even rolls around. However, for some reason this year, I neglected to take down the wreath until just a week ago, every time we approached the front door a bird would come tearing out of it.

I was pretty sure the birds were pulling the twine from our wreath to build a nest somewhere. But wait — it gets even better.

I went to take it down, and to my surprise, a bird had built a nest directly in the wreath, tucked back in the left hand corner.

But wait — it gets even BETTER:


I guess that wreath definitely won't be coming down for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment