Friday, August 28, 2009

Prevent Carpel Tunnel

Attention all computer users: this is a true story.

My father is a computer network engineer. We had a computer in the kitchen, one in the family room, one in my sister's room, one in my room. Plus the servers and the laptops. Basically, I had my own personal computer when I was in the womb.

Through all of this, I'm not at all surprised that I am getting carpal tunnel at age of 26. As a designer, I am on the computer anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day.


It started with tingling in my arms and pain in my wrists. I was totally fatigued and the constant pain was distracting and would cut my work hours short. Then I realized I simply couldn't see unless the distance was exactly 1-2 feet away. It took me 6 months before I realized what was happening.

I have been wearing a wrist brace for about a month, and I can honestly say that it's made all the difference in the world. Practically all the pain is gone, and I can work more efficiently. The wrist brace coupled with eye exercises and daily walks has really helped me work more efficiently and my body is thanking me for it.

If you are a hardcore computer user, I highly recommend you check out this article and start with that wrist brace now to prevent damage to your wrists.

Carpal tunnel is a repetitive stress injury that affects hands, arms, wrists and shoulders. Find out its causes & symptoms as well as preventive techniques and exercises.

Check it out…
How to prevent carpel tunnel

1 comment:

  1. Where is the big THANK YOU to me for telling you to wear a wrist brace, huh???

    ReplyDelete